Sunday, November 06, 2005

Race Day: Santa Clarita 1/2 Marathon

It's 5:13 am. I just got up after a very restive night. I am so nervous - wasn't able to practice the last week, for I felt 'sick' all week long. I don't feel ready for this race...
7:00 am - the race starts right around the corner on McBean Pkwy - 21 km / 13.1 mi to go.
9:01 am (2:01:51 later) I pass the finishing line. Juchuuuuuuuuuuuu. Thanks Mara and Björn that you both kept me company and cheered my up over the entire race - especially towards the end. I indeed did it and ran my first 21 km - Half Marathon!
10:00 am after some stretching and taking a shower, we meet at Peet's Coffee to have some coffee and cake - getting ready for our weekly Sunday volleyball match...
Event Link - Results
Half Marathon Gallery [ pw required ]
Volleyball Gallery [Pictures of today's volleyball game]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home