Wednesday, March 15, 2006

US Chess Championship 2006

The US Chess Championship took place March 2-12, 2006 in San Diego, CA. The two finalists were Alexander Onischuk vs. Yury Shulman. Eventually, Alexander Onischuk went home with $25,000 more in his pockets.

Not that I know anything about chess, but I went to San Diego to watch the championships anyway. Well, I did it just for and with my husband who really likes and enjoys the game. I will never understand what makes this game so interesting for him and all the others who spend hours in front off a board - predicting what the next move of the opponent might be. For me it was interesting in a different way: watching people, taking pictures, reading players' profiles, and enjoying the city...

Offical US Chess Championship Site
Osetra - the fishhouse [ very good seafood restaurant ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home