Thursday, January 25, 2007

Marathon Countdown

There are only 5 weeks left until I am going to face the huge challenge of running the L.A. Marathon. The more I train and the closer the date comes, the more I think this distance is infeasible for me to run!

Nevertheless, I can hardly await to plunge into the crowd of about 25,000 runners that go onto the 42-km-journey together with me. Some won't reach the finishing line - which could be me - the sky's the limit - and it is still an event one wants to participate in (at least once).

Despite all my doubts I am looking forward to March 4th and the moment I hear the starting signal which then means the beginning of the run of my life!

Official L.A. Marathon website

P.S. Btw, Mara got me the right socks (toe-socks) so that I hopefully will be untroubled by blisters...

1 Comments:

Blogger NanAZ said...

Wow, you're very brave. That's a tough race from what I've heard. Once I worked at the finish line of a marathon in Phoenix and that was enough to convince me to never try it. Some of those people looked like they were going to die. I'm sure you've been training though and are in great shape. And you always have the option to walk part of the way if you don't feel like you can run.

I'll look forward to hearing how it goes.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home