Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My Sequoia Tree Project (1)

February 7, 2006 I have planted Giant Sequoia seeds which I brought from my last trip to the Sequoia National Park in January. ( I also had seeds left from a year before which I also planted in a second pot)

The first three weeks I worried that this project would fail 'cause nothing had happened inside the pots. But by March 24 there were finally little changes visible. Today I counted 9 Giant Sequoia seedlings which are about 1 cm to 5.5 cm tall. (The seeds from the year before seem to be dead - nothing has happend in the second pot by today)

Note: These seeds were not collected in a national park. It is illegal to remove any natural or historic object from a national park. I bought the seeds at the Sequoia National Park museum.

Order seeds online if you don't have a chance to visit the Sequoia National Park yourself and if you like to have a Giant Sequoia in your backyard! [ type seeds into search field ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home