Saturday, March 03, 2007

Family Tree - Geni

For quite some time now I have been looking for a good program that helps me create a family tree. And the other day I stumbled across this cool server based program which lets me build my personal family tree - FOR FREE.

Geni - everyone's related
No need to download a program. All the information sits right on a server. You only need to create an account by clicking on the provided link above. Or get invited from a family member; then, sign-in by using the link above.

One of the wonderful things is I can invite my family to participate in collecting all the information. Each person has his or her own profile page including images and IM contacts. Every family member can add people and information. This way it is a lot easier to get all the information together, for everybody remembers and knows different facts. The program has different view options that make it easy to see the realationships between people. The tree can grow forever - which makes me think "everyone's related".

It is really one of my biggest wishes to get as much family history together as possible. We never think about the fact that at one point important sources may not be available any more... Thus, I really needed to get started; I just wasn't sure how I should start getting all facts in one pot. That problem seems to be solved... Lets hope my family will be as excited as I am right now!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kincafe much like geni

It was a great experience for me to have something like geni. I found it extremely useful for making a family tree.

But i would like to add something which is much like a geni, its Kincafe.

I would like you to particpate in beta release of Kincafe and provide feedback at andy@kincafe.com

Thanks

stesmith

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home